Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.
Click here to see the upcoming topics!
July 12: Top Ten Authors I Would DIE to meet (living or dead)
1. Elie Wiesel – He’s a survivor and a writer. Additionally, Wiesel tops my list as a person I admire.
2. Thomas Jefferson – He’s my favorite founding father and his genius continues to enthrall.
3. Rachel Carson – She related science in such a way that an artsy-fartsy type such as myself could actually “get it.”
4. Sarah Dessen – If meeting her is anything like reading her books, then I’m there!
5. Jeffrey Eugenides – After reading Middlesex for the second time, I have twice as many questions. I hope he has answers.
6. William Shakespeare – Wow, I don’t know where I’d begin with my questions for him.
7. Sarah Addison Allen – I’ve read three of her books already and I like the enchanted world she has conjured.
8. Jane Addams – Another one who inspires me, Addams wrote pamphlets to support Hull House.
9. Mark Twain – Do I need to say anything else?
10. Isabel Allende – I like her books and I’d like to meet her.