Brashares, A. (2011). Sisterhood everlasting: A novel. New York: Random House. 9780385521222
A few years ago, I read all four of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books. Later, I read 3 Willows, perhaps an extension of the aforementioned series. When I recently stumbled upon Sisterhood Everlasting on Amazon, I quickly requested the book through HCPL.
Warning: This review is meant for those who have read all the previous novels ONLY.
Brashares picks up the story of the four best friends – Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget, ten years later. They’re all grown up and leading seperate lives. Carmen plays a character on a TV show and lives with her producer fiancé. Lena teaches art at RISD and wonders about what life would’ve been like had she been with Kostos. Bridget lives with her boyfriend Eric in San Francisco. When Tibby invites Lena, Carmen, and Bridget to a reunion in Greece, all the sisters are estatic. However, this is a moment which changes their lives irrevocably.
While I found the climax of this book devastating, I read the whole book. When I made it to the last pages, I felt relieved. Still, I’m not crazy about some of things which took place. Perhaps I’m too fond of happy endings sans tragedy.
Three Out of Five Pearls
Song : These are Days – YouTube (Natalie Merchant)
Places : New York, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, San Francisco, Greece, Australia
You May Also Like:
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
- Silver Girl: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series by Ann Brashares
- 3 Willows: The Sisterhood Grows by Ann Brashares
For more on Ann Brashares’ Sisterhood Everlasting, check out the following sites:
- Book review: ‘Sisterhood Everlasting’ by Ann Brashares | write meg!
- S. Krishna’s Books: Book Review: Sisterhood Everlasting – Ann Brashares
- Book Review: Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares – Teresa’s Reading Corner