Patterson, J., & DiLallo, R. (2011). The Christmas wedding. New York: Little, Brown and Co. 9780316097390
Reasons for Reading : As I worked towards reading sixty books, my mom recommended this James Patterson (and Richard DiLallo) book as a quick read. She borrowed the book from HCPL and finished it long before it was due. Also, I wanted to read a James Patterson book. Don’t worry, I still plan to try an Alex Cross soon 🙂 .
Summary: Fifty-something widow Gaby Summerhill and her estranged family haven’t reassembled since the services of her late husband. Gaby sends out a video to all four of her grown children, inviting them to her wedding which will be held in the barn on her Massachusetts estate. Guess what! It’s on Christmas Day (please refer to title). Who is the amazing Gaby joining in holy matrimony? Well, come and find out on Christmas, Gaby tells her kids. Also, we’re offered glimpses into the emotional upheaval within the lives of the Summerhill progeny – Claire, Emily, Seth, and Lizzie.
Review : I enjoyed this book – it was light without schmaltz. The characters were easily perceivable, identifiable, and even likable. The Summerhills are fun and altruistic. Oh, and, yes, it’s a quick, seasonal read. I urge anyone yearning to get into the yuletide spirit to read it.
Three Out of Five Pearls
Setting : Massachusetts, South Carolina, New York City, Boston
You might also like:
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
- Trading Christmas by Debbie Macomber
- Holly by Jude Deveraux
- Jersey Girl Book Reviews: The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson
- The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson « Young Adult Book Reviews
- Cat’s Thoughts: Book Review: The Christmas Wedding