This is the fifth interview for Reader of the Month.
I met Beverly B. several years ago at my old church. I liked Beverly right away as we’re both cat people and readers. Later, Beverly and I found ourselves in the same Bible Study group. As she often remains quiet in larger groups, I do listen when she speaks up. Read on and see what I’m saying!
1. What’s the best thing you’ve read in the past year?
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah
2. Do you have any quirks when it comes to reading?
I really enjoy a good love story but I don’t want a blow by blow account of any sexual activities. Leave something to the imagination. I really like stories that are in eras gone by.
3. What’s on your bookshelf or in your book bag?
4. Who supplies your reading material?
Amazon.com via Kindle
5. What type of reading do you usually enjoy?
Novels with a good plot that I can’t figure out with a little love story to them
6. Who are some authors that you read regardless of anything?
John Grisham, Diana Gabaldon
7. What’s on your TBR (to be read) list?
8. Can you recall a book that changed your life? How so?
Actually it is a series of books by Philippa Carr that follows a family from the time of Queen Elizabeth I through World War II. The first book is The Lion Triumphant, and continues on with 10 more books. At the time I originally read these I was going through a difficult time in my life and trying to deal with how to handle death. These books helped me to accept that we all have to die, that death is a part of life.
9. What was something you enjoyed reading as a child?
10. Where do you like to read?
Prefer to be laying down on my daybed with a really soft blanket and a comfortable feather pillow
11. Other than reading, what do you like doing?
Going to church, listening to music, working in the garden, mosaic and playing on the computer. Want to learn weaving when I move to the country
12. Where can we find you online?
13. Would you like to make a shout out to any other avid readers that are online?
Don’t have anyone in particular to shout out to but I enjoy getting ideas about authors I might want to check out.
14. How about sharing five random facts about you?
Like alternative rock music, love my cat, can’t wait to retire next year, born on Friday the 13th, won first place in a beauty contest when I was 5 years old