This is the fourteenth interview for Reader of the Month.
I’ve always known Joe N. He’s my dad! Dad’s also one who has encouraged me to read whenever I could and go to the library where I could borrow books for free.
1) What’s the best thing you’ve read in the past year?
Being George Washington by Glenn Beck
2) Do you have any quirks when it comes to reading?
I cannot stand having fines on my library card.
3) What’s on your bookshelf or in your book bag?
The NIV Bible and today’s paper.
4) Who supplies your reading material?
5) What type of reading do you usually enjoy?
I don’t limit myself to one type of reading. Usually, I prefer nonfiction such as the news. Yet, there’s fiction out there I enjoy, too.
6) Who are some authors that you read regardless of anything?
I liked Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins’ Left Behind Series.
7) What’s on your TBR (to be read) list?
The Bounty Trilogy by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall is on my bedside table, collecting dust.
8) Can you recall a book that changed your life? How so?
The Bible – enough said!
9) What was something you enjoyed reading as a child?
10) Where do you like to read?
Work (it’s cool there)
11) Other than reading, what do you like doing?
I like watching TV, playing computer games, making candles, and staying current with the news.
12) Where can we find you online?
13) Would you like to make a shout out to any other avid readers that are online?
See #12 (sorry, Jorie.)
14) What do you challenge people to read?
15) How about sharing five random facts about you?
- Both my wife and I are left-handed.
- My daughter is right-handed.
- I’ve been a Dallas Cowboys fan since I was in high school.
- I’m a Native Texan.
- I prefer working nights.