For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
(In honor of National Library Week, I present, yet again, some of the my favorite things about my employer – HCPL.)
- I can borrow rather than rent: books, eMedia, movies, seasons of TV shows, magazines, music, etc.
- As of April 15, 2013, I can check out DVDs for two weeks. That gives me more time with Call the Midwife!
- I can request materials if they’re not checked in at my branch.
- My library lets me renew materials I’ve checked out as long as no one else has requested it.
- I have access to databases which help me research, learn, and improve my daily life.
- Libraries often act as a commons, offering book clubs, interest groups, and presentations for their communities.
- I can go to my local branch and connect my laptop, Nook, and iPhone to my library’s public WiFi.
- If my printer is on the blink, I can go to the library, use their free Internet access, and print at the reasonable price of 10 cents/page.
- Sometimes my library doesn’t have a book I’m seeking but my library provides Inter-Library Loan Service. They do their best to bring that book to me.
- Many bigger library branches have rooms you can also borrow for meetings or just studying.