Wow! I got another Liebster nomination from the kind MissMelvis of Me, My Bookshelf, and I. Since I’ve been previously nominated, I thought I’d just answer MissMelvis’ questions. So, here goes…
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
11 Random Facts About Me…
- I’ve been a Christian of the Baptist variety for over 18 years.
- While both of my parents are left-handed, I’m right-handed.
- I’m a Dallas Cowboys fan even though I grew up in Houston.
- Vincent van Gogh is my favorite artist.
- I own all of Weezer’s albums sold on iTunes.
- My blood type is A+.
- I’ve traced some branches of my family tree back to the 1400s.
- An expectant mother chose the name I suggested for her daughter – Ava.
- Thanks to my dad, I can name the capital of any state in the U.S.
- Thanks to my mom, I’d much rather borrow a book from the library than buy one.
- I’ve worked in libraries in Texas, Hawaii, and Cambridge U.K.
Questions from my Nominator:
My 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What 3 words would you choose to describe yourself?
Devoted, Expressive, Creative
2. Have you ever won anything?
Yes, just last summer, I won a Nook Tablet at the American Library Association Conference.
3. What is the opening sentence of your favourite book?
“When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow.” – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. If you could live anywhere, where would you choose to live and why?
It’s wherever the most of my family and friends live.
5. What new thing would you like to learn today?
I’d like to learn more Spanish.
6. Which 5 people would you invite to your Dream Dinner Party?
Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Rivers Cuomo, Oprah, and Elie Wiesel
7. What lesson did you like the most at school?
My favorite class was History.
8. Who would play you in a film about your life?
I’ve been told I look like Anne Hathaway and Rachel Bilson. One of those ladies can portray me.
9. What is the most wonderful time of the year?
I like autumn the best.
10. What is your pet hate?
I really don’t like it when people drive way under the speed limit, especially on the freeway.
11. What is your number 1 sandwich filling?
It’s probably cheddar cheese although my first thought was avocado.