This is the nineteenth interview for Reader of the Month.
My mom (Laura N. – September 2012 Reader of the Month) volunteered at my schools when I was a child and teen. When I was in elementary school, Mom became friends with a frequent school library volunteer, Willa H. While Willa’s kids and I have since become adults, she and Mom have remained good friends, often trading book recommendations.
1. What’s the best thing you’ve read in the past year?
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and recently I’m reading a series written by a good friend of my daughter. The Selection by Kiera Cass, is a teen series but an enjoyable quick read leaving you begging for the next in the series. The first & second books have been released.
2. Do you have any quirks when it comes to reading?
Quirks?? Not really. I like to curl up ; pillow & blanket. Comfort is key!
3. What’s on your bookshelf or in your book bag?
4. Who supplies your reading material?
I usually buy from Walmart
5. What type of reading do you usually enjoy?
Historical fiction, spy intrigue, or British mystery
6. Who are some authors that you read regardless of anything?
7. What’s on your TBR (to be read) list?
8. Can you recall a book that changed your life? How so?
9. What was something you enjoyed reading as a child?
10. Where do you like to read?
Mostly in bed
11. Other than reading, what do you like doing?
Genealogy, sports, and exploring the great outdoors
12. Where can we find you online?
Facebook & Linkedin
13. Would you like to make a shout out to any other avid readers that are online?
Three of my kids read when they find the time.
14. What do you challenge people to read?
Just read! Use those brain cells…
15. What would you like to see on Jorie’s Reads by Starry Night Elf?
16. How about sharing five random facts about you?
– I’m adopted
– I have 4 sisters, 1 half-brother and 1 half-sister
– My kids call me Sherlock
– I’ve helped a few friends to find missing loved-ones