Kimba The Caffeinated Book Reviewer | Click Here to Check Out Her Awesome Blog!
This is the twenty-first interview for Reader of the Month.
It’s my pleasure to present Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer as my September Reader of the Month. Little over the year ago, by serendipity, I landed on The Sunday Post meme, hosted by Kimba. When I began participating, it pleased me greatly when Kimba actually replied to my posts on the blog. She also introduced me to other book bloggers. This past year is a blast and I have Kimba to thank. So, I’ll let Kimba take it away from here – Jorie
Hello my name is Kimberly from Caffeinated Book Reviewer but peeps around the sphere know me as Kimba.
1. What’s the best thing you’ve read in the past year? In the past year I’ve read over 250 books from numerous genres, so I will give you a few. Sabrina Jeffries -What the Duke Desires, Sarah J. Maas- Crown of Midnight, Chris Bohjalian- The Light in the Ruins, and Katja Millay- Sea of Tranquility. Justin Cronin -The Passage and of course I could go on to name favorites in all the different genres
2. Do you have any quirks when it comes to reading? When I first start a book, I need absolute quiet, but once I am into the tale the zombie apocalypse could occur and I wouldn’t hear a think.
3. What’s on your bookshelf or in your book bag? pfft *grins* A lot of books! My nightstand is overflowing with books I need to read in the next 30 days, I carry my ereader and smartphone with me everywhere. Just at a glance I see a Bella Andre book, a Lori Foster book, Linda Grimes and David Levithan.
4. Who supplies your reading material? Besides my own personal addiction, I have been privileged enough to receive ARC’s from Tor, Random House, HarperCollins, Harlequin, Penguin, Simon & Schuster, Bloomsbury, Hyperion, Sourcebooks, Kensington and a few other wonderful publishers.
5. What type of reading do you usually enjoy? I am not a bid fan of non-fiction or erotica ..so everything in between. I will read YA, NA and adult and I never read from the same genre back to back. So Monday it could be a contemporary romance, Tuesday a dystopian, Wednesday a historical romance, Thursday Chick-lit and Friday romantic suspense, rounding out the week with a good horror book on Saturday.
6. Who are some authors that you read regardless of anything? Patricia Briggs, Amanda Stevens, Sarah MacLean, Heather Graham, Robyn Carr, Nora Roberts, Dan Wells, David Levithan, Bella Andre, Kat Richardson, Jayne Anne Krentz…should I stop? I did mention I am a book addict right?
7. What’s on your TBR (to be read) list? :snorts: My list is huge, so how about we just name a few. Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken, Doctor Sleep by Stephen King, Banquet of Lies by Michelle Diener, If You Were Mine by Bella Andre
8. Can you recall a book that changed your life? How so? Amanda Quick introduced me to paranormal woo-woo with Second Sight. Prior to that my reading was limited to Oprah books of the month, horror, suspense, mystery and historical romance.
9. What was something you enjoyed reading as a child? Alice in Wonderland, Grimm Fairy tales and all of the classics
10. Where do you like to read? My favorite spot is with a blanket on my bed
11. Other than reading, what do you like doing? drink coffee, spend time with my hubby and adult children, blog!
12. Where can we find you online? I am all over the social media sites, if you visited my blog caffeinatedbookreviewer.com, there are links to my facebook, twitter, pinterest, and goodreads profiles.
13. Would you like to make a shout out to any other avid readers that are online? Oh, I have so many peeps I adore, so to be safe I am going to send hugs and coffee to all the peeps who link up and participate in the Sunday Post each week! *waves*
14. What do you challenge people to read? I think people need to be open to all genres, keep trying new books, authors. When people tell me they are in a reading rut and I look and see all they are reading is from one genre, I am not surprised. Try, and try again. Just because you read one historical fiction and hated it, doesn’t mean you will hate all books from this genre.
15. What would you like to see on Jorie’s Reads by Starry Night Elf? Some conversation posts, discussion posts.
16. How about sharing five random facts about you?
a. Without coffee I would die. Seriously, it is like air to me.
b. I will forgo sleep for a good book
c. I love to chat about books and the more I like a book, the faster I talk..I become almost animated!
d. I love salty mixed with sweet. Godiva’s chocolate salted almond bar..HEAVEN!
e. If I could I would never leave my home. Seriously, I would totally by everything on line. I love company but prefer my own little patch in this great big universe.