Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
NEXT WEEK THE TOPIC IS: Top Ten Characters I’d Name My Children After. Click HERE for a list of future Top Ten Tuesday topics.
Top Ten Best Debut Books (of any year..just your favorite debut/”first from an author” books. If you want, you can focus on debuts of a specific year but it’s open to debuts of any year).
* Since I’m suffering from severe congestion at the moment, I’m only listing my picks. Please ask why I chose them and I’ll explain when I’m feeling better.
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Sense and Sensibility by A Lady (Jane Austen)
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
- How the García Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
- The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
- La Princesse de Clèves by Marie-Madeleine Pioche de La Vergne, comtesse de La Fayette
- Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel